UT Physicians Safety Training
Online Training Documentation
Documentation of online training is obtained by taking a test once you've completed the presentation and your certificate will be sent to you by email. After completing the test, a copy of that test will be emailed to EH&S. We will review the test and will send you a certificate of completion via email. You must make a 100% on the test. If you have any questions regarding this online training please contact Stephen David @ 713.500.5858 or our main office @ 713.500.8100.
Select to begin the Quiz
UTP Annual Refresher Training
On your birthday month you are required to take the UTP Annual Bloodborne Pathogens refresher training, listed to the right. Annual refresher training is required for all personnel exposed to potentially infectious materials and bloodborne pathogens.
Select to begin the quiz
Initial Safety Training- For New Employee's only.
As an employee of UTHealth, you are required to take Basic Lab and Clinical Safety class if your job requires you to be in a lab or clinical space. This course is only required once and is only good for one year. A year after you have taken this course you will take Bloodborne Pathogens Training as your annual refresher training listed below.
Select to begin Quiz
Medical Waste Shipping Training
This training is required for any employees that load, unload, handle hazardous materials, prepare hazardous materials for Transportation, or sign waste transport manifest papers (Stericycle receipt). If you sign the medical waste manifest you must have current training. This training is good for 3 years.
Respiratory Fit Testing and Annual Fit Testing
In order to protect yourself from potential exposure to airborne pathogens from a known or suspected infected patient or during aerosol-producing procedures, health care providers must utilize a N95 respirator. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requires individuals that wear a N95 respirator be approved to wear the respirator by a licensed health care provider. In addition, the individual must be trained on the proper use of the mask and fitted for the correct size mask prior to utilizing it. The fit test is valid only for the specific brand, model, and size of respirator that is used during the fit test. The fit test and training on the proper use of the respirator is required on an annual basis.
To initiate the process to utilize a N95 respirator, it is required that you complete and submit the Medical Evaluation Questionnaire for Respiratory Protection. Please turn your completed form into Employee Health Services.
The form is available here.
This information will remain confidential with the licensed health care provider at Student Health. If you have additional questions, you may contact the Chemical Safety office at 713.500.5832 or the Office of Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) at 713-500-8100.
All users shall follow these procedures.
- Complete the Medical Questionnaire Form.
- After filling out the Medical Questionnaire Form, bring or fax it to the address on the Medical Questionnaire Form. Individuals shall be cleared to wear a respirator by a licensed healthcare provider by Employee Health Services prior to the fit test. Employee Health Services will contact the EH&S Office when the individual has been cleared for fit testing.
- Identify a day and time, when you can be fit tested. The test will take approximately 20 minutes.
- Email or contact the Chemical Safety office at 713.500.5832 or EH&S main office at 713.500.8100 to schedule an appointment for fit testing. (Please note: Males must be clean shaven. Fit tests cannot be performed on individuals with beards or stubble)
- Fit tests will be performed on the date and time scheduled at the Cyclotron, 6431 Fannin, CYF G.102 -Google Map