Mandatory for RESEARCHERS and RESEARCH STAFF conducting Human Subjects Research:
- Human Subjects Training (Biomedical and/or Behavioral) via CITI Program – every 3 years
- Investigator Briefing (Principal Investigators only) by EVPARA – every 3 years
- Research Conflict of Interest Training by Institutional Compliance – every 2 years
Mandatory Training for PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATORS conducting Clinical Trials Involving FDA Regulated Products (In Addition to Above):
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP) Course via CITI Program – every 3 years
Mandatory Training for Researchers and Research Staff Who SHIP/TRANSPORT HUMAN BIOLOGICAL SPECIMENS:
- Infectious Substances Shipping Training by UT Environment Health and Safety – every 2 years
Other Training Opportunities for All Researchers and Research Staff:
- Clinical Research Orientation Course – offered 4 times a year
- Clinical Research Education - Basic – offered twice a year
- Clinical Coordinator Forum - 4th Tuesday of every month
- Lets Talk Ethics – Monthly Seminar
- iRIS Training – offered 4 times a year
- Grants 101 – offered once a year
- Grants 102 - offered once a year
All researchers and research staff involved in the conduct of human subjects research must complete CITI Human Subjects Training training every 3 years.
Step 1 – Log on to CITI www.citiprogram.org and click on New User Register Here
Step 2 – Select University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston from the drop down field next to Participating Institutions.
Step 3 – Create a new username and password.
Step 4 – Enter your UT Houston email address as your preferred email.
Step 5 - In the CITI Course Registration page complete all mandatory fields that have an asterisks (*). In the employee number you don’t have to input your employee number - any 6 numbers (e.g. 123456) will do as this field is not tracked by CPHS. You do not have to enter an E-prost user number.
Step 6 – Complete the information on this page and submit the registration information.
Step 7 – You will now be at the Select Curriculum page.
Group 1 Biomedical Researcher and Key Personnel, Basic Course - If you are a biomedical researcher, please take all modules in
Group 2 Social and Behavioral Researchers and Key Personnel, Basic Course - If your research is behaviorally based, please take all modules in
Good Clinical Practice Training via CITI Program - All principal investigators conducting clinical trials involving FDA regulated products must also complete the Good Clinical Practice course. This course consists of 12 modules. The Good Clinical Practice Course is available as an optional learning opportunity for all researchers and research staff. In CITI, see, GCP, Basic Course.
Once complete, your CITI Training Certificate of Completion is automatically forwarded to CPHS Office. If you need additional copies, you may always return to the CITI site and print additional copies.
Refresher - You will be prompted to take a refresher versions of the Basic Course, and if applicable, GCP, every 3 years.