UTHealth Expert List
Walter Lowe, M.D.
- Edward T. Smith Professor and Chairman, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery,UTHealth Medical School
- Team physician for Houston Texans and Houston Rockets, as well as the University of Houston
- Medical Director of the Ironman Sports Medicine Institute at Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
Walter Lowe, M.D., is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon with a subspeciality in sports medicine. Lowe studied under the legendary baseball doctor Frank Jobe, M.D., who pioneered a procedure to repair injured pitching arms called “Tommy John Surgery.” Dr. Lowe specializes in the care of injured knees, shoulders or elbows. He is a member of the National Football League Physicians Society and the Association of Professional Team Physicians.
Milan Sen, M.D.
- Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, UTHealth Medical School
- Chief, Division of Orthopaedic Trauma, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
- Director, Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship, UTHealth Medical School
- Medical Director of the UTHealth Orthopedic Surgery Clinic
- Principal investigator for the Major Extremity Trauma Research Consortium site at UTHealth and Memorial Hermann – Texas Medical Center
Milan Sen, M.D., is one of the leaders in a multi-institution effort to improve the care of limb injuries suffered by both service personnel and civilians. Following the 2010 earthquake in Haiti, Sen joined a team of his UTHealth colleagues who provided volunteer care in the Caribbean country. He has a special interest in orthopaedic trauma and fracture care including: acetabular fractures, periarticular fractures and treatment of nerve and soft tissue injury.