UTHealth Expert List
Herbert Dupont, M.D.
- Director of the Center for Infectious Diseases at The University of Texas School of Public Health, a part of UTHealth
- Mary W. Kelsey Chair in the Medical Sciences, UTHealth Medical School
- Professor, UT School of Public Health
Herbert L. Dupont, M.D., has served as infectious disease epidemiologist for the Centers for Disease Control and as president of both the Infectious Diseases Society of America and the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases. Dupont is the author of over 650 scientific papers and 19 textbooks. He can discuss influenza, travel medicine, disease outbreaks, intestinal infections and acute diarrhea, food-borne illnesses and norovirus as he was one of the researchers who discovered the virus.
Previous interview: http://bit.ly/1omIcv3
Charles Ericsson, M.D.
- Dr. and Mrs. Carl V. Vartian Professor in Infectious Diseases and Head of Clinical Infectious Diseases, UTHealth Medical School
- Director of Travel Medicine Clinic, UTHealth Services, part of the UTHealth School of Nursing
- Medical staff member, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center and Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital, which is part of the Harris Health System
Charles D. Ericsson, M.D., is an infectious disease and travel medicine specialist and has conducted clinical studies on traveler’s diarrhea in Guadalajara, Mexico. Ericsson can address food-borne diseases that plague some cruise ships, deep vein thrombosis that can afflict travelers on prolonged air flights and infectious diseases that are more common in other parts of the world. He is the founding Editor-in-Chief of The Journal of Travel Medicine and past president of the International Society of Travel Medicine. He is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
Previous interview: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/health&id=8377098
Susan Fisher-Hoch, M.D.
- Professor of Epidemiology, The University of Texas School of Public Health Brownsville Regional Campus, a part of UTHealth
Susan P. Fisher-Hoch, M.D., is one of the world's leading virologists. Fisher-Hoch is able to discuss the influenza virus, viral outbreaks, tropical medicine, diabetes, health disparities, medical virology and infectious diseases such as hepatitis C, typhoid and hemorrhagic fever.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/IvMlWu
Luis Ostrosky, M.D., FACP, FIDSA
- Professor, Internal Medicine, UTHealth Medical School
- Associate Director, Infectious Diseases Fellowship, UTHealth Medical School
- Medical Director for Epidemiology, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
Luis Z. Ostrosky, M.D. FACP, FIDSA, specializes in infectious diseases, hospital epidemiology, infection control, and fungal infections. Dr. Ostrosky is available for interviews in English and Spanish.
Catherine Troisi, Ph.D.
- Associate professor, The University of Texas School of Public Health, a part of UTHealth
Catherine Troisi, Ph.D. is an infectious disease epidemiologist with expertise in influenza, hepatitis A, B, C, D, and E, and sexually transmitted diseases including HIV/AIDS, human papillomavirus (HPV) and syphilis. She can also discuss immunizations, viral outbreaks and issues of public health practice in the community.
Previous interview: http://bit.ly/1ouOF7i