UTHealth Expert List
Faith Atai, M.D.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Geriatric and Palliative Medicine
- Assistant Medical Director, UT Physicians Center for Healthy Aging at Sienna Village
Faith Atai, M.D., is board certified in family medicine and geriatric medicine. She serves on the faculty of the Training Excellence in Aging Studies (TEXAS), a program that fosters geriatric and palliative medicine at the medical school, resident, faculty and practicing physician level. She sees patients at UT Physicians for Healthy Aging in Bellaire and UT Physicians at Sienna Village. Her interests include palliative and hospice medicine, communication in medicine, preventive senior care and the frail elderly.
Previous interview: http://go.uth.edu/FaithAtaiSummerHeat
Carmel Dyer, M.D.
- Roy M. and Phyllis Gough Huffington Chair in Gerontology, UTHealth Medical School
- Professor and Executive Vice-Chairman of Internal Medicine, UTHealth Medical School
- Director, Division of Geriatric and Palliative Medicine, UTHealth Medical School
- Executive Director of the Consortium on Aging, UTHealth
- Chief of Staff, Harris Health System Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital
- Director, UT Center for Healthy Aging
Carmel Dyer, M.D., specializes in the care of older adults and is nationally recognized for her work in elder mistreatment and self neglect.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/pu6H8S
Grant Fowler, M.D.
- Professor and Vice Chair, Department of Family & Community Medicine, UTHealth Medical School
- Attending physician, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
Grant Fowler, M.D., . is board-certified in family medicine, geriatrics and primary care sports medicine. Fowler co-edits the textbook “Procedures for Primary Care,” and teaches procedures for residents. He has been interviewed on a wide range of topics from influenza to medications. His areas of expertise include cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and procedures, especially preventive procedures such as cardiac testing, colposcopy, vasectomy and screening colonoscopy.
Previous interview: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/health&id=8968625
Vineeth John, M.D., M.B.A.
- Associate Professor of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, UTHealth Medical School
- Director of the Adult Psychiatry Residency Program, UTHealth Medical School
Vineeth John, M.D., M.B.A., specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of dementia and common psychiatric illnesses prevalent in the elderly.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/dATLUh
Claudio Soto, Ph.D.
- Professor of Neurology, UTHealth Medical school
- Director, The George P. and Cynthia W. Mitchell Center for Research in Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Brain Disorders, UTHealth Medical School
Claudio Soto, Ph.D., specializes in the molecular basis of neurodegenerative diseases associated to the misfolding and brain accumulation of proteins, particularly focusing on Alzheimer’s and prion-related disorders.