REDCap is a secure, web-based application for building and managing online surveys and databases. Using REDCap's stream-lined process for rapidly developing projects, you may create and design projects using either
1) The online method from your web browser using the Online Designer.
2) The offline method by constructing a 'data dictionary' template file in Microsoft Excel and uploading it into REDCap.
Both surveys and databases (or some mixture of the two) can be built using these methods.
REDCap provides automated export procedures for seamless data downloads to Excel and common statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, Stata, R), as well as a built-in project calendar, a scheduling module, ad hoc reporting tools, and advanced features, such as branching logic, file uploading, and calculated fields.
The Biomedical Informatics Group can provide Redcap as a service to UTHealth researchers and clinicians:
- Web Server access
- Secure database (Zone 100)
- Data Back-up and Recovery
- Assistance with forms development
- Application customization