Loan Repayment Programs
Medical Assistance to Underserved Americans
The National Health Service Corps (NHSC) and Physician Education (PE) loan repayment programs provide professional healthcare to underserved communities across the United States. Both programs provide funds to healthcare graduates who offer their services to participating communities which are put toward repaying student loans.
National Health Service Corps
- Minimum 2 year commitment to serve in an underserved area
- 3 to 4 year commitment pays up to $35,000.00 annually
- Request Application: 1-800-221-9393
- Questions: 301-443-0743, M-F, 8:30AM-4:30PM E. T.
- NHSC Program Details
- Minimum 1 year commitment to practice medicine at an approved site were service is critically needed
- Maximum 5 years participation limit
- Request Application: 1-800-242-3062; select option one
- Physician Education Program Details