Search Committee Appointed to Choose New SBMI Dean
Published August 10, 2012
President Colasurdo has appointed a search committee to recommend candidates for the SBMI Dean's position. George Stancel, Ph.D, is co-chairing the committee along with Dr. Brent King of the Medical School who also happens to be an SBMI alumnus.
Other members of the committee are:
• Dr. Amy Franklin, SBMI faculty member
• Dr. Andre Rodin, School of Public Health faculty member
• Dr. Ricardo Mosquera, Medical School faculty member
• Mr. Kevin Dillon, Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Operating and Financial Officer
• Ms. Demetria ("Dee") Quails, Director of Physician Business Services, UT Physicians
• Dr. Patrick McGinnis, Information and Technology Services, Memorial Hermann Hospital
Colasurdo has asked the Search Committee to initiate its work as soon as possible, and the committee plans to begin formal meetings in the next week or two.
An announcement of the position has been posted on the UTHealth HR website, the Texas Workforce Commission (i.e. WorkinTexas), the AMIA website, and the HIMSS website. Email announcements have also been distributed to all members of AMIA's Academic Forum and to members of the American College of Medical Informatics (ACMI). The position is posted on UTHealth's Job site under the Faculty/ A&P tab. Please feel free to share this information with any persons or groups you think appropriate and encourage any individuals you feel are well qualified to consider applying.
"I also want to take this opportunity to thank Dr. Jiajie Zhang, who is currently acting as Dean ad interim, for his continued support of SBMI as we seek a permanent Dean," said Stancel.