Job Title: Financial Analyst (Grants Administration/Budget)
Job Location: Houston
Requisition Number: 130246
Job Summary: In this position you will provide professional level skills in performing financial analysis for the institution. Completes financial analysis and develops financial forecasts to ensure the institution's assets are completely maximized.
Additional Summary Specific to Job:
- Develops and contributes to operations and monthly research activities and sustainability planning
- Analyzes and prepares revised budgeting projections and reports for internal review and submission to primary funding agency utilizing excel spreadsheets and funding operations plan template
- Prepares documents and coordinates internal and external project/financial audits
- Routes revised budgets through SBMI Grants Office and UT Office of Sponsored Projects for submission approvals and notifies Post-Award of pending revised Notice of Grant Award (NGA)
- Prepares monthly and quarterly financial reviews and reporting to monitor research expenditures and program income of account (s), authorizes expenditures
- Responsible for financial monitoring and account reconciliation for internal review of revenue and expenditure tracking, prepares quarterly ARRA progress and FTE reporting for submission to Post-Award team and funding agency. Also assists with the quarterly Operations Plan reporting
- Communicates and guides personnel with policies and procedures within the University, DHHS Office of National Coordinator (ONC), GCREC and ensure compliance with funding guidelines
- Provides annual budget and reviews and maintains service contracts, reports on progress and authorizes expenditures
- Informs upper management of key activities and works closely with Procurement and Office of Legal Affairs to ensure contracts are properly executed
- Assists principal investigator with grant proposals to both private foundations and governmental agencies
- Other duties as assigned
Where do I begin?
To begin this process, please visit our Job Site, search for the position, click it and select "Apply For This Posting". Then select a user name and password that you will easily remember. You should write down your user name and password. You will need it to apply for other positions or check the status of your application the next time you visit the site.
What if I have already created an application?
If you have already created an application with the online employment system and wish to update your information, please click on the "login using your existing user name" link to login with the user name and password that you used when you created your application.
This is a secure site. Only authorized Human Resources Employees have access to the information submitted.