Data Management Analyst
Job Title: Data Management Analyst
Job Location: Houston
Requisition Number: 130570
Job Summary: Performs intermediate level database management activities in support of multiple research projects and studies. Provides data management, creation and troubleshooting of participant tracking database and performs statistical analyses associated with research projects.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE POSSESSES: exceptional organizational skills; enjoys interacting with a variety of people; Can Multi-task and working under deadlines both individually and as part of a team are required capabilities. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong Microsoft Office experience required.
Additional Summary Specific to Job:
- Responsible for managing/maintaining accurate and timely data for multiple health science education projects or research efforts.
- Creates, supports, and troubleshoots tools or software used to manage data, including that associated with maintaining health science education and research websites.
- Develops and maintains quality controls to verify validity of data for all research databases.
- Analyzes, compiles, and reports statistical data for research projects ? designs and conducts database queries in support of research activities. Types of research activities may include some or all of the following: recruiting and screening, educational field research and activities, informatics, and/or institutional program laboratories.
- Interfaces with offsite researchers and coordinators as needed to coordinate the work of information technicians, support staff and other assistants to ensure efficient, timely and high quality results.
- Other duties as assigned include: Assists grant Project Director and Co-Director in the evaluation of programs and projects with collaborating institutions. Assists evaluation of data generated from programs and projects from collaboration institutions.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field with a minimum of three years of experience with complex databases or relevant experience in lieu of education on a year for year basis. Detailed knowledge of query design, report creation, and graphic representations of data. Knowledge and experience managing complex databases. Experience providing analysis of data.
Where do I begin?
To begin this process, please visit our Job Site, search for the position, click it and select "Apply For This Posting". Then select a user name and password that you will easily remember. You should write down your user name and password. You will need it to apply for other positions or check the status of your application the next time you visit the site.
What if I have already created an application?
If you have already created an application with the online employment system and wish to update your information, please click on the "login using your existing user name" link to login with the user name and password that you used when you created your application.
This is a secure site. Only authorized Human Resources Employees have access to the information submitted.