HI 5304 Advanced Database Concepts
This course introduces the ideas and methods of database processing. By the end of the semester, the students are expected to acquire both theoretical understanding and hands-on experience on database design and applications.
Consent of the instructor, graduate student, high-speed Internet access, personal computer.
- Learn basic relational database techniques.
- Learn data modeling techniques.
- Acquire working knowledge of SQL.
- Learn to create access to databases through web pages.
- Explore data warehousing/data mining/Electronic Medical Record
- Systems/Bioinformatics databases