HI 5300 Introduction to Health Informatics
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- Describe the development and emergence of health and biomedical informatics as a discipline.
- Understand the core competencies of the discipline.
- Define the discipline, data types and its use of data, information and knowledge.
- Describe the basic elements and concepts of health and biomedical Informatics.
- Explain the application of health information technology to healthcare, education and research.
- Possess a basic vocabulary of terms.