HI 5003 Molecules to Man in Health Informatics
This course provides an overview of human biology required to understand health informatics. It is designed for anyone without a modern biology background. The first part of the course introduces biological molecules and molecular interactions. The majority of the course surveys the anatomy and physiology of major body systems, in both health and disease.
Access to the Internet, personal computer, consent of instructor.
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- Describe the human genome.
- Describe the anatomy and physiology of major body systems.
- Predict how diseases affect each body system.
- Relate the course content to particular focus areas of health informatics.
- Work effectively in groups.