Donors and Friends
The School of Biomedical Informatics (SBMI) is the first school in the country devoted exclusively to Master's and PhD Programs in Health Informatics. Only twelve years old, its faculty and students have already made important contributions to The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) community and the field of Biomedical Informatics. This has been accomplished to date without the traditional foundations of financial support such as endowments built up over many years, or a large base of alumni established in their careers. The School's students and faculty need your help to continue and to expand their important work.
Reasons to Give
Biomedical Informatics enables doctors, nurses, dentists, and public health workers to better address today's problems. Patients and their families are better informed and better cared for through health informatics. At the school, we:
- Create solutions and accelerate translation of research breakthroughs from the lab to the patient through computer modeling and simulations
- Get the Right information to the Right people at the Right time in the Right format through better data management, presentation, analysis, communication
- Establish dual degree and distance-learning programs for cost-efficient, non-redundant, education across traditional specialty boundaries
- Encourage entrepreneurial thinking and applied, real world applications
Why does a gift to the school matter to you and your family?
To the Patient:
- Improved patient safety and quality care
- Better access to personalized care...anywhere...anytime
To the Doctor:
- Improved diagnostics
- Better ways to access information and make decisions
To the Scientist:
- Better tools to visualize problems and discover treatments and cures
To the Community:
- Improved healthcare access and biosecurity measures
- More cost efficient healthcare
Support for the school can come in many forms, including:
- Scholarship, Professorship and Endowments
- Seed funding for research
- Honorary and Memorial Giving
- Annual Giving Programs (Dean's Excellence Fund, Golf tournament)
- Planned giving including bequests or gift annuities
For online giving, please click the "donate online" button to the right.
Corporate philanthropic support is also welcomed and appropriately recognized.
For additional information, to arrange a school visit, or to discuss other ways in which you would like to become involved, please contact:
Director of Development
UTHealth School of Biomedical Informatics
7000 Fannin St., Suite 600
Houston, TX 77030