Wellness at the UTHealth Auxiliary Enterprises - Recreation Center gears its operation to fit an individual's needs. Our objective is to provide variety in the areas of fitness, strength, health, safety, behavior modification, screening and follow-up services. Our programs and services may be open to to current Rec Center Members and/or Texas Medical Center Faculty, Staff, Residents, Students and Spouses. Please check specific activity for more information including eligibility requirements.
Personal & Group Training
Personal Training involves designing a workout plan to suit your individual needs. Your Personal Coach will assist you in attaining the goals you set for yourself based upon your Fitness Assessment. Half-Hour and One-Hour sessions are available with our staff. Please note we do not allow non-staff members to train at the Rec Center; however, accommodations may be possible in case of medical needs. For more information regarding this procedure, please see our policy.
- Initial Consult & Fitness Assessment:
Body Composition Analysis
Cardiovascular Endurance test
Muscular Strength / Endurance Test
(1) Personal Training Session
Our equipment orientations are designed to educate our members about proper use and safety of our free weights/resistance and cardiovascular equipment. Learn more about proper adjustment, safety precautions, movement and general program guidelines.
CPR/AED & First Aid Certification Courses
Certification is provided by the American Heart Association. First Aid and CPR/AED are two separate courses and certifications. Classes are available on a monthly basis. Check out the schedule!
FREE for Current Rec Center Members! Each semester, the Rec Center offers varying incentive programs designed to help encourage, inspire and drive members to reach health-related goals.
- Biggest Loser Contest: Challenge yourself and compete to lose the highest percentage of weight to become the Biggest Loser! Interested? See details.
- Bench Press Competition: Test your strength and stamina by competing to lift the most weight in your sex/weight class. Think you can win?
- Get in the Zone: Increase your physical fitness by testing yourself to implement physical activity into daily routine. This program is typically offered in the spring. Check back for more information!
GENERAL WELLNESS INFORMATION