Project 1B: EHR Workflow
Leaders: Keith Butler, Mark Haselkorn
- Integrating vendor-focused solutions with social-organizational issues in healthcare environments to increase stakeholder trust, adoption, and ownership of HIT.
- Providing breakthrough tools that increase HIT adoption and meaningful use by making HIT function as an integrated, predictable, cost-effective means for health care delivery.
- We expect our methods and tools to have a large impact in improving the adoption and meaningful use of EHRs by clinicians by addressing the urgent usability and workflow challenges in existing systems.
- Butler KA, Haselkorn M, Bahrami A, & Schroder K. Introducing the MATH method and toolsuite for evidence-based HIT (AMA-IEEE, 2011)
- Butler KA, Haselkorn MP, Braxton M, Lyon L, Nichol WP, Berry AB, & Chung C. Evidence-based Health IT for Patient-Provider Communication (CHI, 2013)
- Payne, T, Butler K, Ruggerio F, Middleton B. Improving Usability, Quality and Safety: Key Lessons from Airplane Cockpit Design (AMIA 2012) See the Boeing video included during this panel presentation
- Keith Butler, Mark Haselkorn, Jiajie Zhang, et al. Modeling and Analysis of Critical Care for HIT Improvement. AHRQ. 9/1/2012-8/31/2016.
- Keith Butler, Mark Haselkorn. Tech transfer grant from the Center for Commercialization at the University of Washington. 2012.