National Center for Cognitive Informatics and Decision Making (NCCD)
The NCCD is an awardee of the Office of the National Coordinator’s Strategic Health IT Advanced Research (SHARP) program. It is charged with the mission to provide leadership in patient centered cognitive support research and applications in healthcare.
NCCD carries out interdisciplinary research projects to address the cognitive challenges identified by ONC which include:
- Work-Centered Design – Project 1A and Project 1B
- Cognitive Foundations for Decision Making – Project 2A
- Adaptive Decision Support – Project 2B
- Model-based Data Summarization – Project 3
- Visualization and Distributed Team Work – Project 4
Dr. Jiajie Zhang, Dean of the School of Biomedical Informatics, University of Texas in Houston, Texas, is the Director of NCCD and the principal leader of the SHARPC initiative.