UTHealth Expert List
Charles Ericsson, M.D.
- Dr. and Mrs. Carl V. Vartian Professor in Infectious Diseases and Head of Clinical Infectious Diseases, UTHealth Medical School
- Director of Travel Medicine Clinic, UTHealth Services, part of the UTHealth School of Nursing
- Medical staff member, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center and Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital, which is part of the Harris Health System
Charles D. Ericsson, M.D., is an infectious disease and travel medicine specialist and has conducted clinical studies on traveler’s diarrhea in Guadalajara, Mexico. Ericsson can address food-borne diseases that plague some cruise ships, deep vein thrombosis that can afflict travelers on prolonged air flights and infectious diseases that are more common in other parts of the world. He is the founding Editor-in-Chief of The Journal of Travel Medicine and past president of the International Society of Travel Medicine. He is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
Previous interview: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/health&id=8377098
Thomas Mackey, Ph.D., ARNP-BC, FAAN, FAANP
- Director at UT Health Services, the clinical practice of the UTHealth School of Nursing
- Associate Dean for Practice, UTHealth School of Nursing
- PARTNERS Endowed Professorship in Nursing, UTHealth School of Nursing
Thomas A. Mackey, Ph.D., ARNP-BC, FAAN, FAANP, specializes in travel health/medicine.