UTHealth Expert List
Mark Adickes, M.D.
- Assistant professor, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, UTHealth Medical School
- Co-Medical Director, Memorial Hermann Ironman Sports Medicine Institute
Mark Adickes, M.D., is a Super Bowl champion turned orthopaedic surgeon. He played on a championship Washington Redskins team and received his medical degree from Harvard Medical School. The focus of his practice is on the arthroscopic treatment of hip, knee and shoulder injuries. He has a special interest in preventing or significantly retarding the progression of hip arthritis.
Walter Lowe, M.D.
- Edward T. Smith Professor and Chairman, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery,UTHealth Medical School
- Team physician for Houston Texans and Houston Rockets, as well as the University of Houston
- Medical Director of the Ironman Sports Medicine Institute at Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
Walter Lowe, M.D., is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon with a subspeciality in sports medicine. Lowe studied under the legendary baseball doctor Frank Jobe, M.D., who pioneered a procedure to repair injured pitching arms called “Tommy John Surgery.” Dr. Lowe specializes in the care of injured knees, shoulders or elbows. He is a member of the National Football League Physicians Society and the Association of Professional Team Physicians.
Milan Sen, M.D.
- Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, UTHealth Medical School
- Chief, Division of Orthopaedic Trauma, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
- Director, Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship, UTHealth Medical School
- Medical Director of the UTHealth Orthopedic Surgery Clinic
- Principal investigator for the Major Extremity Trauma Research Consortium site at UTHealth and Memorial Hermann – Texas Medical Center
Milan Sen, M.D., is one of the leaders in a multi-institution effort to improve the care of limb injuries suffered by both service personnel and civilians. Following the 2010 earthquake in Haiti, Sen joined a team of his UTHealth colleagues who provided volunteer care in the Caribbean country. He has a special interest in orthopaedic trauma and fracture care including: acetabular fractures, periarticular fractures and treatment of nerve and soft tissue injury.