UTHealth Expert List
Herbert DuPont, M.D.
- Director, Center for Infectious Diseases, The University of Texas School of Public Health, a part of UTHealth
- Professor of Infectious Diseases, UT School of Public Health
- Mary W. Kelsey Chair of Medical Sciences, UTHealth Medical School
- Chief, Internal Medicine Service, St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital
Herbert L. DuPont, M.D., specializes in epidemiology, treatment and prevention of acute diarrhea; travel medicine, vaccinations and tropical climate diseases.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/bQEorA
Charles Ericsson, M.D.
- Dr. and Mrs. Carl V. Vartian Professor in Infectious Diseases and Head of Clinical Infectious Diseases, UTHealth Medical School
- Director of Travel Medicine Clinic, UTHealth Services, part of the UTHealth School of Nursing
- Medical staff member, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center and Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital, which is part of the Harris Health System
Charles D. Ericsson, M.D., is an infectious disease and travel medicine specialist and has conducted clinical studies on traveler’s diarrhea in Guadalajara, Mexico. Ericsson can address food-borne diseases that plague some cruise ships, deep vein thrombosis that can afflict travelers on prolonged air flights and infectious diseases that are more common in other parts of the world. He is the founding Editor-in-Chief of The Journal of Travel Medicine and past president of the International Society of Travel Medicine. He is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
Previous interview: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/health&id=8377098
Susan Fisher-Hoch, M.D.
- Professor of Epidemiology, The University of Texas School of Public Health Brownsville Regional Campus, a part of UTHealth
Susan P. Fisher-Hoch, M.D., is one of the world's leading virologists. Fisher-Hoch is able to discuss the influenza virus, viral outbreaks, tropical medicine, diabetes, health disparities, medical virology and infectious diseases such as hepatitis C, typhoid and hemorrhagic fever.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/IvMlWu
Luis Ostrosky, M.D., FACP, FIDSA
- Associate Professor, Internal Medicine, UTHealth Medical School
- Associate Director, Infectious Diseases Fellowship, UTHealth Medical School
- Medical Director for Epidemiology, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
Luis Z. Ostrosky, M.D. FACP, FIDSA, specializes in infectious diseases, hospital epidemiology, infection control, and fungal infections. Dr. Ostrosky is available for interviews in English and Spanish.
Catherine Troisi, Ph.D.
- Associate professor, The University of Texas School of Public Health, a part of UTHealth
Catherine Troisi, Ph.D. is an infectious disease epidemiologist with expertise in influenza, hepatitis A, B, C, D, and E, and sexually transmitted diseases including HIV/AIDS, human papillomavirus (HPV) and syphilis. She can also discuss immunizations, viral outbreaks and issues of public health practice in the community.