UTHealth Expert List
Carmel Dyer, M.D.
- Roy M. and Phyllis Gough Huffington Chair in Gerontology, UTHealth Medical School
- Professor and Executive Vice-Chairman of Internal Medicine, UTHealth Medical School
- Director, Division of Geriatric and Palliative Medicine, UTHealth Medical School
- Executive Director of the Consortium on Aging, UTHealth
- Chief of Staff, Harris Health System Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital
- Director, UT Center for Healthy Aging
Carmel Dyer, M.D., specializes in the care of older adults and is nationally recognized for her work in elder mistreatment and self neglect.
Previous Interview: http://bit.ly/pu6H8S
Paul Schulz, M.D.
- Associate Professor of Neurology, UTHealth Medical School
- Director of the UT Physicians Memory Disorders and Dementia Clinic
- Co-Director of the UTHealth Brain Health and Wellness Clinic, part of the UT Center for Healthy Aging
Paul Schulz, M.D., specializes in diagnosing and treating neuropsychiatric disorders, such as dementia, that may produce cognitive, behavioral or mood symptoms. His research interests include the early diagnosis and prevention of dementia, the treatment of Alzheimer’s, the causes and treatment of frontotemporal dementia, and the neurologic complications of post-traumatic stress disorder. He is affiliated with the Mischer Neuroscience Institute and Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center.
Previous Interview: http://abcn.ws/JF0Dsz
Claudio Soto, Ph.D.
- Professor of Neurology, UTHealth Medical school
- Director, The George P. and Cynthia W. Mitchell Center for Research in Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Brain Disorders, UTHealth Medical School
Claudio Soto, Ph.D., specializes in the molecular basis of neurodegenerative diseases associated to the misfolding and brain accumulation of proteins, particularly focusing on Alzheimer’s and prion-related disorders.