Open Records Request Detail
Pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act, I hereby request to inspect and/or copy the public information specified hereinafter. Please take notice that "public information" and the media containing public information are defined by Section 552.002 of the Texas Government Code.
PUBLIC INFORMATION REQUESTED
Definitions: "UTHSC-H" refers to The University of Texas-Health Science Center at Houston and "UT" refers to The University o/Texas System.
1. The current contracts and annual operating agreements between Memorial Hermann Hospital System and/or Memorial Hermann Hospital-Texas Medical Center and UTHSC-H and/or UT Physicians.
2. The CV's (UT formatted if possible), Request to Recruit forms, and initial appointment letters/letters of offer for faculty members Doctors Ramesh Hariharan, Khashayar Hematpour, Biswajit Kar, Pranav Loyalka, Sriram Nathan, Saumya Shanna, Igor Gregoric, Thomas Murphy, Geraldine Goodine, Stefan Kreuzer, Adam Freedhand, Eric Sabonghy, and Robert Amato.
3. Copies of the UTHSC-1-1 requests for UT System Board of Regents approval (including justification information required by UTS 144 policy), and Board of Regents responses to the requests, for Doctors Walter Lowe, Stefan Kreuzer, Dong Kim, and Ramesh Hariharan, who have total annual compensation of greater than $1 million (UTS 144 policy).
4. Copies of the Executive Vice Chancellor Approvals (UTS 144 policy) for the following medical school faculty receiving annual compensation of $460,649 or more ($500,000 total compensation when benefits are included) but less than $1 million hired after 2007:
Bapat, A Vinash
Please include the summary of the justification information required by UTS 144 policy.
5. For the faculty listed above earning total compensation of $500,000 or more (salary of $460,649 or more):
(a) copies of the posted job description;
(b) membership of the search committees for each appointment;
(c) copies of the Search Summary Forms. Pre-Offer Summaries, and draft letters of offers send from the dean’s office to HR and the EVPAA for approvals;
(d) if a search waiver was requested, copies of the Search Waiver Request forms, position descriptions, and the request letter outlining the rationale for waiving the usual search process.
6. Documents related to financial arrangements, purchases, acquisitions, and/or operations related to EPHeart, LLC; Bayshore Family Practice, PA; Memorial Bone and Joint Clinic; and Memorial Bone and Joint Research Foundation.
7. Documents related to the department of medicine chair "national" search in 2007-2008, including, but not limited to (a) copies of the posted job description; (b) copies of the advertisements of the position; (c) membership of the search committee; (d) search committee meeting dates and minutes; (e) copies of the Search Summary forms, Pre-Offer Summaries, and draft letters of offers send from the dean's office to HR and the EVPAA for approvals; (f) if a search waiver was requested, copies of the Search Waiver.
8. Annual Effort Certification Reports for the years 2008-2013 for Dr. David McPherson.
9. Financial data to include all sources of income (including but not limited to salary, benefits, extra pay, professional fee collections, contracts - with source, grants, support supplements - with source, directorships, teaching) and expenses (including, but not limited to clinic expenses, PLI) for the following faculty: Biswajit Kar, Pranav Loyalka, Sriram Nathan, Ramish Hariharan, Saumya Shanna, Khashayar Hematpour, Thomas Murphy, Geraldine Goodine, and all faculty in the departments of orthopedic surgery and or neurosurgery whose total annual compensation exceeds $500,000.
10. All documents related to the "external market study" that was "performed supporting this compensation level" ($2 million) for Dr. Ramesh Hariharan in the January 22, 2013 mail from Ana Touchstone to Patty Culler and Janet Cole entitled "FW: update on the over $I million doctor on our February Consent Agenda" (copy of the document in "PIR 2.05.14 - Item 3" can be provided).
11. The documentation referred to in the sentence "U.T. Health Science Center-Houston has determined and documented that the level of compensation for Dr. Hariharin is at a level paid to similarly qualified people based on performance of comparable duties in the organization and in the market from which his position would normally be recruited" listed as " Docket-I'' under ·•Appointment - U.H. Health Science Center -Houston: Amendment to the 2012-13 budget" (copy of the document in "PIR 2.05.14 - Item 3" can be provided).
12. The documentation referred to in the sentence "U.T. Health Science Center-Houston has determined and documented that the level of compensation for Dr. Kreuzer is at a level paid to similarly qualified people based on performance comparable duties in the organization and in the market from which his position would normally annually be recruited" in item #67 on page 229 of the "meeting to the U.T. System Board of Regents - Consent Agenda November 2012" email from Carol Felkel to Gail Nettles on November 16, 2012 (copy of the document in "PIR 2.05.14 - Item 3" can be provided). The level of compensation in question was $1.2 million according to this document.
13. All Institutional Conflict of Interest Management Plans for Dr. Stefan W. Kreuzer since his hire to UTHSC-H.