General Forms for all Non-immigrant Visa Holders
- OIA Check-In Form - Required to be completed by all NEW international visitors, students, researchers, trainees or employees joining UTHealth on any non-immigrant visa or temporary Employment Authorization Document (EAD, B , F, J, H-1B, O, TN, etc.).
Change of Address:
- OIA Change of Address Instructions - Important for considering all change of address requirements in compliance with immigration regulations
- OIA Change of Address Form - Required within 10 days of address change
- USCIS - Fact Sheet about "How Do I Change my Address with USCIS?"
- USCIS Form AR-11 Change of Address -
- USCIS change your address online
- See complete USCIS change of address web page at: http://www.uscis.gov/ar-11
- OIA Check-Out-Form - Required to be completed by all foreign nationals on a non-immigrant visa when leaving UTHealth.
Did You Know?
The Economic Benefits of International Students to the U.S. Economy Academic Year 2011-2012. International Students COntribute about $21.8 Billion to U.S. Economy
Power Point Presentations
F-1 Employment Options - presentation - March 26, 2012
SPH New International Students Orientation session presentation - Jan 5, 2012
New in The United States, the State of Texas, and/or the Texas Medical Center?
Whichever the visa status category, you will benefit from learning the following information prior to coming to the United States and as you are joining UTHealth:
- Learning about the U.S. Higher Education System in the U.S. - Education USA: Your Guide to U.S. Higher Education
- Study in the States - DHS, SEVP Jan 2012
- Guide to Studying in the USA NAFSA Region III: Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas
- The UT System
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
University student connections of interest to international students and useful for other visitors, about academics, administration, student services, student policies, student organizations, leisure and recreation, and other community services such as banking, transportation, bookstores, chapels in the TMC, driving in Houston, legal services, mail, and other services.
Visiting and living in Houston:
- Consult the Official Site of the City of Houston
- Become familiar with the Texas Medical Center (TMC)
- Find your way around the TMC
Click here for links to additional resources
Contact us for assistance related to relocating to Houston and visiting UTHealth