Social Media Resources
Social Media User Tips:
- Always log out of your account before closing the browser.
- Never share your password.
- Spend time setting up privacy settings to protect your personal information.
- Create the best representation of yourself; avoid foul language and posting inappropriate photos.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines; never post confidential patient information.
- Do not speak negatively about your workplace, co-workers or bosses; refer to tip three.
- Remember, once you post something, you cannot take it back, even if you delete it.
- Use your best judgment when posting; what if your grandmother saw it? Boss? Professor?
Facebook Best Practices
What is the best way to use Facebook? This page is a basic introduction to best practices related to engaging with others on Facebook.
Twitter: Rules and Best Practices
This page is a basic introduction to Twitter's rules and best practices related to this popular social networking site.
UTHealth’s Social Media FAQ
The Office of Public Affairs answers your questions about social media. Check out the FAQ to learn more and submit all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.