Graduate Student AssociationThe Graduate Student Association of the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences is the the official organization representing the GSBS student body. Its purposes are to provide a student forum for discussion of common needs, to work cooperatively with the faculty and administration to build a recognized and respected institution, and to develop student fellowship and social activities. Students recommended by the GSA serve on each of the GSBS Standing Committees. GSA 2012-2013 Mission Statement: To promote resources and opportunities for career development and for an enriched graduate school experience.GSA 2012-2013 Focus Areas: Student experience and involvement, career development.
- KEYS TO A PRODUCTIVE AND SUSTAINABLE CAREER is a valuable and insightful presentation that Dr. Ronald DePinho, President, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, originally presented to trainees at the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. The GSA Officers and the Deans of GSBS believe that it would be worth your time to view the video.
- Floyd Haar, M.D., Endowed Memorial Research Award in Memory of Freda Haar (July 6, 2012): This $1,500 Award is provided to recognize an exceptional GSBS degree student conducting critical research in stem cells. Research should be related to stem cells and their use in the treatment of human disease, especially in the areas of leukemia or other cancers. For more information and to access the award application, click here.
- The Cancer Prevention Research Training Program (July 23, 2012): Applications are now open for the NCI-funded R25T and Donor-funded Postdoctoral Fellowship positions at UT-MDACC. Please see the website for more details.
- Email Connection for Mobile Devices Expanded: Students can now request to connect specific Android or Windows Phone 7 devices to the UTHealth Exchange email system. Please see link for more information.
- GSA Calendar: Visit the online calendar at the GSA’s webpage (under the "Calendar" link) to get information on all events that might be of interest to GSBS students. You can find the date, time, and location of events in addition to a short description and the event flyer. Scholarship and fellowship deadlines are displayed at the top of each day for your convenience. You can also copy these events to your Google Calendar and get a map (if available). If you have any questions, comments, concerns or you want GSA to advertise an event on your behalf, please let one of us know.
- Incident Report Form: The incident report form is up and running at the GSA website (http://www.uthouston.edu/gsbs/gsa/index.htm). The goal of this form is to provide a medium for GSBS students to reach the GSA officers. Please use this form to convey your grievances, complaints, feedback or perhaps a compliment; and we promise to listen! We will listen and work expediently to address your concerns!