GSBS Awards and Funding Opportunities
Positions may be available on training grants in the areas listed below. Requests for funding are usually made by a faculty member of the training grant on behalf of a student. For more information, contact the director of the training grant.
Current MDACC Training Grants:
- Training Program in Molecular Genetics of Cancer Guillermina Lozano, Ph.D., Department of Genetics
- Medical Physics Training Grant for Image-Guided Therapy Research Edward F. Jackson, Ph.D., Imaging Physics
- Cancer Immunology Brad McIntyre, Ph.D., Department of Immunology Grant Program Coordinator: Cheryl Thompson, 713-563-3207
- Education Program in Cancer Prevention Robert M. Chamberlain, PhD Shine Chang, PhD www.CancerPreventionTraining.org
- Cancer Prevention Education: Student Research Experiences
- Robert M. Chamberlain, PhD
- Shine Chang, PhD
Current HSC Training Grants:
- Houston Area Vision Training Program Steve Massey, Ph.D., Department of Ophthalmology, Medical School Administrator: Fredi Bleeker, 713-500-6005, MSB 7.024
- Molecular Basis of Infectious Disease Steven Norris, Ph.D., Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Medical School
- Center for Clinical and Translational Sciences [CCTS] Michelle Barton, Ph.D., Michael Blackburn, Ph.D., Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences Program Manager: Ashley Hood, Ph.D., 713-500-9874, BSRB S3.8443
- CPRIT - Innovation for Cancer Prevention Research Roberta B. Ness, M.D., MPH, School of Public Health. More information.
- Burroughs Wellcome Fund - Training Program in Gene-Environment Interaction Eric Boerwinkle, Ph.D., and Hope Northrup, M.D. More information.
Current Training Grants Offered Thru the Gulf Coast Consortia (KECK Center):
- Nanobiology Interdisciplinary Graduate Training Program Rebekah Drezek, Ph.D., Rice University. Contact: Melissa Glueck.
- Houston Area Molecular Biophysics Ted Wensel, Ph.D., Baylor College of Medicine. Contact Amy Jackson.
- Pharmacological Sciences John Hancock, Ph.D., UTHealth Medical School. Contact Amy Jackson.