The administrations of the The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston and the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences will not tolerate sexual harassment in any form. Some examples of what can be considered sexual harassment are as follows:
- Any sexual advance or touching that is unwelcome to the recipient.
- Sexually oriented comments about the body, appearance or lifestyle of a student.
- Offensive non-verbal behavior such as leering or staring which is unwelcome to the recipient.
- Showing or displaying sexually explicit graphics, cartoons, pictures, photographs or objects that are exploitive or demeaning in nature.
- Statements or threats which imply a link between a student's sexual conduct and his/her academic status, advancement potential, salary treatment or other academic action.
Students who feel they have been sexually harassed are encouraged to contact Vicki Knutson for assistance. She is the Sexual Harassment Officer for the GSBS.
Any GSBS student may also contact the AVP for Trainee & Alumni Affairs at M.D. Anderson for help in dealing with sexual harassment. This office can be reached at 713-792-2698.