Welcome Families and Guests!
The GSBS staff always enjoys this event because it is the successful culmination of years of training for our students. We have watched over - and sometimes helped with - the trials, the tribulations, and the victories. Seeing our students achieve this momentous goal and celebrating with their families and friends is very gratifying. We hope that you will find the ceremony enjoyable and memorable.
Below are some general guidelines for the event:
- We welcome the participation of our graduates’ families and friends, but please try to limit the number of guests to six or less.
- Photographs: as in previous years, we plan to have a professional photographer on site to take pictures of the graduates. Each student will be provided one free photograph. You can bring your own camera or photographer for additional photo opportunities. If you choose to take photos as your graduate walks across the stage, please take the photos and then return to your seats quickly, enabling others to do likewise. Our goal is to allow you to document this special event, but maintain a clear view of the stage for the rest of the audience. Please remember to maintain the reverence of this event for our graduates.
- Ushers will assist persons needing special access.
- Ushers will direct unruly children and their family members to a quiet location so that you may calm your children. You may then return to your seat or view the ceremony from the large screen located in the reception foyer.
- Special guests from the University and the community will be welcomed and directed by Staff/ushers to the front rows of one section of the room.
- After the ceremony, please permit the faculty and graduates to exit the Hall first.
- Immediately following the ceremony, graduates and their guests are invited to enjoy a modest reception in the foyer.