UTHealth Travel in Restricted Areas
Effective April 22, 2010, The University of Texas System announced a suspension of programs and travel to restricted countries. When planning international travel, each traveler must consult the U.S. Department of State's list of travel warnings to see if warnings apply to the travel destination. If the country is currently under a Travel Warning, and the traveler still wishes to proceed, the traveler must apply for exemption from restrictions, register for International SOS, and complete a travel waiver.
For comprehensive information on UTHealth international travel procedures, including required forms, please see the International Travel Procedures website.
Useful Travel Resources - UTHealth
- UT Health Services - Travel Clinic
- UTHealth Travel Guide/Expense Reimbursement (Finance)
- UTHealth Travel Services (Auxiliary Enterprises)
- International SOS - Mandatory for all University-related international travel for students, faculty and staff.
Useful Travel Resources - U.S. Government
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - Travelers’ Health
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection - Global Entry Program for frequent travelers
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security - Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- U.S. Department of State - Current Travel Warnings
- U.S. Department of State - Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC)
- U.S. Department of State - Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
- U.S. Department of State - Tips for Traveling Abroad
- U.S. Department of State - U.S. Embassies, Consulates, and Diplomatic Missions
- The World Factbook - U.S. government profiles of countries and territories around the world.
Useful Travel Resources - Other
- Global Health Education Consortium Guidebook - for medical educators and administrators serving in advisory roles to students and residents preparing for learning experiences abroad.
- Smart Traveller - Travel Advisory and Consular Information Service of the Australian Government / Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- U.K. Foreign & Commonwealth Office Travel Advice
- Universal Currency Converter
- The World Clock - Time Zones
These resources are listed for informational purposes only and are not officially endorsed by UTHealth.