GCREC Services for Practices
Your Trusted Advisor in Health IT
The GCREC enables providers to achieve meaningful use objectives, minimize financial and administrative burdens, reduce costs associated with medical errors, improve patient safety and quality of care. We assist in preparing and positioning providers for future pay for performance.
Primary Care Physicians and Specialists can receive the following services:
- Education on Meaningful Use incentives eligibility
- Assistance with EHR Incentive Program registration
- Practice assessment to determine the maximum allowed incentive
- Practice Workflow Analysis and Process Redesign
- Overall Project Management
- Advice on vendor selection Best Practices
- Security Risk Assessment and guidance on complying with security risk deficiencies
- Tracking of Meaningful Use data to comply with government standards
- Training in complex Meaningful Use measures
- Full attestation support
- Guidance on Stage 2 Meaningful Use
Why should I participate?
The GCREC helps physicians to understand and take advantage of the full benefits of Electronic Health Records. We enable providers to:
Achieve EHR meaningful use objectives to maximize incentives and minimize financial and administrative burdens associated with implementing new electronic systems.
Improve patient safety and quality of care while reducing costs associated with medical errors, duplicate tests and administering paper records and claims.
Use EHRs in meaningful ways so that patient information is available when and where it is needed, and care is coordinated across provider teams.
Prepare and position themselves for future pay for performance.
The Gulf Coast Regional Extension Center can help you understand and complete this process. Your enrollment fee provides support with EHR selection, workflow analysis, meaningful use training, EHR incentives and more. Questions? Call us at 713-500-3479.