GCREC Services for Hospitals
We provide comprehensive consulting and technical assistance for hospitals seeking to achieve Meaningful Use.
Our knowledgeable and experienced GCREC staff delivers onsite or remote services to improve quality and value of health care, including:
- Education and Outreach. As your trusted Health IT advisor, we help you understand how to select, implement and meaningfully use EHR technology through training events and programs held throughout the year.
- Vendor Selection. After assessing your Health Information technology needs, we will consult with you to identify appropriate vendors. We can also advise you on EHR acquisition, implementation, and maintenance. Your organization will make the final selection decision and enter into an agreement with the selected EHR vendor.
- Implementation and Project Management. We ease the transition process through coaching, consultation, and other assessment activities such as organizational readiness and staff training requirements as necessary to attain Meaningful Use.
- Practice and Workflow Redesign Support. Your GCREC consultant will help you optimize your staff’s performance with your new EHR technology by mapping how clinical processes should interact with the EHR functions.
- Privacy and Security Best Practices. As part of the Meaningful Use requirement, GCREC will conduct a security risk assessment, at your request. We provide information regarding best practices for maintaining privacy and security of electronic protected health information (PHI) in compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
Why should I participate?
- Knowledgeable staff
- Competitive fees
- Members only access to latest regulatory information
- Access to educational webinar series
- Access to forum of more than 2500 Texas physicians discussing EHR hot topics on the Texas RECs website
- Access to EHR demos and user reviews