New Gift Account Set Up Request
Gift Account Set Up Request & Procedure:
1. Deposit money according to university policy. Please refer to the university Handbook of Operating Procedures and/or cash handling manual as necessary. In order to set up a new account, you first must have deposited money to be applied toward the new account. The account will not be set up without having a minimum of $1,000.00 in gift funds on deposit.
Send deposit log along with gift funds to the Bursar’s Office when you make your money run. Current Use gifts received before a new account is established are deposited in a clearing account (Fund code 58002, Account code 26621) managed by the Office of Advancement. Contact Michael Musters, Manager of Gift Administration, at 713-500-3203 if you have questions or need more information concerning deposits.
2. Click on the blue gift account request form link and completely fill out the form. The form is relatively self-explanatory but contains: click to enter fields; drop down lists; and, typing that should be deleted and replaced with the correct information. The following information will need to be entered on the form:
- Name, title, department, and phone number of the person requesting the gift account.
- People Soft Unit
- Total amount of gifts on deposit
- How the gift was solicited
- Donor intent for use of funds
- PeopleSoft Department Code
- Proposed Title of the Account
- Primary contact person for the request
- Original signature, printed name, title, and department name from:
- Chair (or School equivalent)
- Chief Business Person
- Principal Investigator
Contact Michael Musters, Manager of Gift Administration, by e-mail if you have questions or need more information concerning completing the memo request form.
3. Send your memo request along with gift documentation to: Michael Musters, Office of Advancement, UCT 1200
Once a completed request is received, it typically takes between 12-15 working days for the account to be set up. The requestor, the designated department point of contact (if different), and the Principal Investigator are notified when the account is set up and gift funds have been transferred into the account.